The Child Advocacy Center of Aiken County is seeking a full-time Forensic Interviewer/Therapist. The Forensic Interviewer/Therapist will be responsible for conducting forensic interviews, clinical assessments and providing treatment for children and their caregivers who have been abused. The forensic services and therapeutic interventions are provided using evidence-based practices and are coordinated with the community multidisciplinary team.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Strong team building, problem solving, organizational, and oral communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the dynamics of child abuse and its impact on the child and caregivers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of local social service and/or juvenile and criminal justice systems.
- Ability to coordinate services with various professionals.
- Knowledge of multiple cultures and the cultural impact on the delivery of services.
Job duties include
Forensic Interviewer -
- Conducts or observes forensic interviews with children who are under investigation for abuse utilizing the Child First forensic interview protocol.
- Records notes throughout the forensic interview and provides investigators with a formal written report and a DVD of the recorded interview at the end of the interview.
- Assists with entering and updating all client data into agency’s database.
- Coordinates all medical record requests from external agencies for investigators and medical provider.
- Coordinates and supervises college interns’ time and activities.
- Participates in all relevant meetings and trainings.
- Provides therapy for child victims and their families/caregivers using evidence-supported, trauma-focused mental health services which includes standardized assessment, individualized treatment plans and ensures that both the child and non-offending caregiver are engaged in treatment.
- Documents counseling sessions, progress and referrals in agency’s client database.
- Assists with the Center’s day-to-day operations of the CAC as needed.
- Works with the team to achieve the goals of the center’s Wellness Plan as needed
- Must have a Master’s degree in mental health or human services field.
- Licensed or actively pursuing license.
- Certified or willing to become certified in Forensic Interviewing and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
- Have at least 2 years of experience working with children/families in a mental health setting.
- Must pass criminal background checks.
- Bi-lingual preferred
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: The Child Advocacy Center of Aiken County PO Box 1763 Aiken, SC 29802 by August 6, 2018